Monday, September 17, 2007

Knitting and Apples and Wool, OH MY! That is what I've been up to, lots of knitting, even a finished object! WAHOO!

First up, the Sweet Baby Cap to be gifted to my new niece!


I have yet to attach the side cords, but I think it is so freaking cute!!! I blocked it on a balloon that I blew up to 15 inches. I couldn't not put a face on it, so there you have it! What? You want more pictures? Well, ok!
And, I just found out this weekend that I will be getting a new niece in February!! Yipee!! More baby knitting!

On Friday night, we had a family night and went to a local apple orchard. It was so much fun! The kids really enjoyed picking apples and we had a great time as a family. We picked 2 1/2 bushels of Jonathan's, Honey Crisp, and Cortland apples. One and a half bushels are for us and the other bushel is for my friend, Heidi. Today we are going to make applesauce, dried apples...and well, anything else that comes to mind! Last week peaches, this week apples...what is on the docket for next week? Hmm...we want to do tomatoes too! :D
The owners of the Orchard have a dog, Sprote. He was a lot of fun for the kids and just followed us around. They also have 2 boys, so when we were done, S and A had fun playing with the boys and their toys!
They also had a beautiful Aspen grove that we walked through to get to the Honey Crisp field. It was just so lovely. This is one thing that J and I want someday.

And wool...well that will have to wait for another day. I started this post at 8 am, and it is now 6 pm...so, I'll give you all the details of my wooly weekend soon! :)

5 comments:

Valerie said...

What a gorgeous day and beautiful children. And you're pretty cute, too! :D

Nicole said...

I love the hat!!! I frogged mine! :( The decreased resulted in some unsightly pooling.....I think i will start over with solids and do a stripe. Now what to do with my rainbow lornas laces???

Kim said...

Um, SOCKS NICOLE!! I know, I know, you don't love socks...but man, lorna's laces...ooh! You could make a clapotis with it.

Throws Like A Girl said...

Hey Kim! You won the drawing for sock yarn over at my blog! I need an address to send it to. :) Email me at nicstagATyahooDOTcom!

Tola said...

awwwwww. . . .. you like me!!